Friday 12 October 2018

The end of Chapter 1

Hello world,

It is absolutely crazy to think I am almost at the end of the first chapter of this crazy adventure. And honestly, this is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I knew that I would make friends quickly, but I didn't realise how important and special all these people would become to me in such a short space of time. This is such a stimulating environment, full of debate and conversation, and I feel I am learning as much from listening to conversation as I am in lectures. There is a real sense of belonging here and I have formed such fast friendships that I feel as if I'm saying goodbye to lifelong friends and family. (And yes, I know I'll probably see a lot of them again and this isn't goodbye, but let me have my moment)

Don't get me wrong. I am so,so excited to go down to Swansea and learn in practical serving and to experience mission and church life in a different setting. (SQWEEEEEEEEE) However, I've gotten into a routine, and I know it's not always good to get comfortable, but I'm enjoying my time so much up here, that saying goodbye to everyone is going to be really difficult. I think now would be a good time to hesitantly mention that I might be considering deferring university another year, and coming back to Tilsley to do the first year. So amongst other things, if anyone would like to pray for guidance in this area that would be great.

A verse that has been on my heart a lot since I arrived is Isaiah 40:31 (ESV)

"But they who wait for the Lord (other translations read ' trust in' or 'hope in')
shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not grow faint"

This has been both a real encouragement, and a real challenge to me during my time at Tilsley. It has been very easy to get swept up in the academic routine here at college, and in doing so I have at times neglected my own personal quiet time in the busyness. But I have always found as soon as I have fixed that and spent time waiting on God, (waiting is REALLY not a strong point of mine) that I have felt renewed and refreshed. Taking that space to spend with God in quietness, stilling the busyness of life, makes such a difference. It always fixes my perspective and plants it firmly back on the Lord, and, as the scripture says, renews my strength. So I encourage anyone who is feeling weary to take that time to rest and wait for Lord. Have hope and trust in Him who can do all things.

Next stop: Swansea!!

Ps: Here's a little video of my time at Tilsley 😊


1 comment:

  1. Haha! You're such a chair twizzler. However... lol. You've really encouraged me to get into my quiet time with God in the morning. Like it says in Matthew 6:6. I hope you've met jen by now. She was a student last year and pops in sometimes. I love her <3 Miss you!! Have fun on your next adventure.
    Love Carrie xxx

    ReplyDelete

After the whirlwind

Hello World, So... it's been a while, huh? For those of you who have been following me and supporting me on this journey, i'm so ...